Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hw 54

What I am closest to is Christianity even though I do not read the bible all the time I do have a clear understanding of it and the verses in it. Genesis 1:26-27 is the most powerful and most controversial  verse in the bible, due to the line Lets us make man in Our image, according to Our likeliness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.’ What is so significant and important about that line is that in the eyes of a Christian and the Christian society god cannot die so by saying lets make man in our image it  like saying lets make man immortal, but if every one dies how is it possible to make man in god's image. While doing this research I reached out to two people my mother and the pastor of the church I attended. When speaking to my mother about that line she said that it is not about making man like god but more about making man in a image of purity and wholesomeness. When I spoke to the pastor I didn't focus on the same question i asked my mother I wanted to know how he felt about the aspect of heaven and hell being a Christian pastor. He basically went into detail about how people can repent for the sins they have done and by doing that you become one with god which makes it more likely for you to go to heaven. When he spike about hell he explained that when someone does something wrong and doesn't ask god for forgiveness they will go to hell. The final question I had for him was what does he mean by doing something wrong, he said sins are always looked at on a major scale, but even if it is something small and you feel wrong about it you should repent for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment