Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Xtra credit cemetery



Visiting the cemetery was really weird and scary, the reason why is because like all humans I don't want to be around death or be in the presence of it. What was really interesting was the dates on the tombstones to see died in 1856 and it's 2011 its just seems so out of place and strange.
















In the first cemetery all of the tombstones were broken down and breaking apart and you could hardly see the writing on them. I notice that there was no real extravagance to the tombstones they were all very small with no detail some weren't even tombstones just rocks or bricks.

















The second cemetery was bigger and had more to it in my eyes it was more modern, and it had a lot more graves. These grave yards were both associated with the same church so a lot of pope that were family members and that where in the catholic family were buried here.


Visiting a cemetery is something that I won't do again because it is to depressing and makes me think to much about my own death and the death of my loved ones. Also at the same time I feel that it is a learning experience at the same time by going to a grave yard you can get a clear understanding of life and death and what it means to die and live, I feel that you appreciate life more after a visit like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment